10 December, 2010

What's the Coolest Gift to Give a 20-Something???















What do you get your nephew,
little sister
or 20-something running buddy?

A photo gift that makes them look epic. I'm Nancy Gershman, a digital artist with training in the fine arts, and I can make you a custom photomontage that your 20+ year old can frame, make into a fleece blanket or a photo sculpture.

Here's what you do. Get your hands on your 20-Something's favorite photo from their last vacation. Have them tell you why they love this photo. And what was happening when the photo was taken. Because the cool thing I'm going to do is create a new story that gets its inspiration from another story that's got around in the family. According to Constance's Aunt Cindy, as a little girl, Constance would sneak out her bedroom window. Her mom would notice and then wait underneath her window when Constance would drop out!

So I started with this head shot of Constance.
 Constance loved this vacation photo of herself: tan, with dark sunglasses and a sassy expression. The minute I saw the photo it struck me that I could tilt her head and add the suggestion of a body to give the impression of Constance "flying" over her favorite beach in Antigua.

The other photographs from the same trip to Antigua were a little muddy, like the photo of the Xotic Cafe shack located down the beach. No problem. I did a search for the very same shack, and found another shot at a terrific angle and in sharp, living color!

Much safer than jumping out the window!

I even have a collection of clouds that I tap into every once in a while to make my photomontages look more dynamic. Can you tell which clouds were added and which were already in the photograph of this Antigua beach?

The tethered balloon with flags was another add-on to give the feeling of a refreshing Antigua breeze on the beach. It also picks up all the colors from that crazy shack.

Anybody can throw up photographs side by side in neat frames. But if you can transform a vacation photo into a cool poster -- that's exciting. Especially to young people who have their futures all ahead of them.

Contact me to create a work of art from vacation photos. Email me in my studio, Art For Your Sake. I don't keep banker's hours so you can also call me anytime at 773-255-4677 to reserve your spot.

No comments: